The divisions in traditional Japanese Budo taught in Bushinkai are based on those of Kokusai Budoin. Bushinkai is a member of Kokusai Budoin UK.
- KARATE Okinawan Karate and southwestern Japanese Jujutsu
- NIHON JUJUTSU Traditional northeastern Japanese Jujutsu system
- KOBUDO Okinawan weapons are taught alongside Karate and Japanese weapons alongside Jujutsu
- IAIDO Traditional Iaido from the Tokyo area
Divisions in traditional Chinese Wu Shu (as in the International Wushu Federation):
- TAIJI QUAN DIVISION Traditional Beijing Tai Chi
- TAIJI JIAN DIVISION Traditional Beijing Tai Chi Sword
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR: SIMON KEEGAN (RENSHI)
Teaching the classical arts of Japan, Okinawa and China
5th Dan Shobukan Karate (Shikon, Masa, Karate England, IKU)
4th Dan Jujutsu & Karate Jutsu
RENSHI (polished teacher) in Karate and Jujutsu. Shogo title authorised by director of Dai Nippon Butokukai, the organisation that awarded this title to Gichin Funakoshi.
Previous grades awarded by Kokusai Budoin, Japan’s oldest martial arts fraternity (President Tokugawa Yasuhisa). Members past and present include Hironori Ohtsuka, Hirokazu Kanazawa, Gogen Yamaguchi, Kyuzo Mifune, Minoru Mochizuki and Kishomaru Ueshiba.
3rd Dan Shoto Ryu Karate
– Awarded under the auspices of Shoto Ryu headteacher Ikuo Higuchi (9th Dan Hanshi) vice director of Kokusai Budoin.
2nd Dan Nihon-Jujutsu
– Awarded under the auspices of the late Nihon Jujutsu headteacher Shizuya Sato (10th Dan Hanshi Nihon Jujutsu, 9th Dan Hanshi Judo), chief director of Kokusai Budoin and former student of Hironori Ohtsuka, Kenji Tomiki and Kyuzo Mifune. Simon also holds honourary grade of 2nd Dan Judo.
Chinese martial arts
– Formally studied the Chinese internal martial arts (including Taiji, Hsing-I and Chinese sword) for over 15 years, training under Chinese and western masters. Holds a 2nd Duan (2nd Dan) grade and now affiliated through Shikon to International Wushu Federation.
Thursday Evening 8:00-9:30pm. Price £6
White Lion Academy Headquarters
Van Dang Martial Arts, 12 Newton Street
Instructors: Simon Keegan 5th Dan, Kicki Holm 2nd Dan, Dan Sanchez 2nd Dan